Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Stone Collective is a community making much of Jesus as we create art, photography, prose, poems or music that commemorate the wonderful things God does in our life.

Based on the passage in 1 Samuel 7:12-14, each month we will collect Ebenezer Stones as a regularly practice in the art of worship via our creativity.

Want to join in on The Stone Collective? Create your own Stone and link up to


 LIVE IT OUT! Blog. #TheStoneCollective
 
Cherie here...... with a thought about the new upcoming studio.  Yes!  My own brick and mortar teaching studio!  It all still seems a bit euphoric.  I will be getting the key in just 4 days and I'm currently just day by day doing the business it takes.  One step in front of the other.  It's really such a peaceful place to be!  I know it is truly how God wants us to do life.  In the moment.  Today.  Not yesterday. Not tomorrow.
And yet, we must remember the good. What God has done and is doing from that remembered place.  My little studio, in my little home town where I remember growing up..... and the little shops that I visited on the square.  Now one will be mine! I remember my cousin Vickie and I riding the city transit for 15 cents and feeling safe. We would spend most of our time looking long and delighting in the inspiration the Betty Jean shop had to offer.  We would buy these little flowers and maybe a few pieces of candy from this locally owned gift store. 
And now, Some little flowers just like those my cousin and I swooned over, will be in my studio space very near where the Betty Jean shop has been long gone. Where I hope to inspire other women to seek beauty, know their worth and live life freely in the moment. Even those difficult ones. Fully alive, Fully creative!  
I can only wonder, hope and Pray~ if someday one of the people who come to paint will remember and know God was there.......... in the process and helping them to get where their hearts had arrived safely also.  From the Little Paint Studio on Bloomington's town square where they stayed long and delighted in the inspiration that they saw in Studio Cherie.  

No comments: